LoadOut Material Handling was created to improve the way that work got done around farms, grain terminals, fertilizer depots, and a vast array of other facilities that move large quantities of bulk materials. We do not have the usual story of many technology companies – but if you take a moment to read our story you’ll learn we do have a large amount of passion for using technology to empower the way people do their jobs.
It All Started On A Farm
The initial idea for LoadOut hardware came from a farm in Camden, Indiana, USA. A young farmer named Neil Mylet suffered from severe allergies which created respiratory health issues for him while conducting the task of standing outside loading trucks. Many times, Neil would be at the farm all by himself and be required to load his truck too. This required him to repeatedly get in and out of the truck while trying to maintain control of the material handling process. If any of the other farm workers was around the farm while Neil was hauling grain, one or two of them would generally kindly stop whatever task they were doing and run over to the grain system to help him load the truck.
Although it was a very nice for people to help Neil load his truck, there were five (5) aspects that bothered him greatly about this process:
- People Were Exposed To Dust: When multiple people are loading a transport vehicle one of them is able to be comfortable in the cab safe from the dust and hazards to potential slips or falls, but unfortunately someone else is out hanging off of the trailer being exposed to the dust and hazardous conditions.
- Communication Was Difficult: Communicating when to pull forward, reverse, turn on the flow of material, and turn off the flow of material is always a challenge due to the vast array of dust and loud noises that are present.
- Physical Requirements: Loading a transport vehicle is not necessarily easier with two or three people. The individual who had been hanging off the back of the trailer generally would have to scurry down and sprint to the control button to turn on/off the flow of grain in an effort to load the trailer to an optimal load. In some cases there would be three (3) people spending time loading a truck.
- Physical Limitations: Some of the employees on their farm were older or not in a physical position of wellness to participate in the traditional means of loading a truck. Climbing ladders and running over to turn off the flow of grain simply was not an option for them.
- Efficiency & Economics: Finally, having two or three people out helping to load a truck cut into the productivity of their farming operation. If all three (3) of the people who were helping load one truck could have instead all jumped into individual trucks and hauled grain it would have tripled the productivity of grain handling. Alternatively, those other employees could have performed other tasks more efficiently without being interrupted with dropping what they were doing to go help load trucks.
Our First YouTube Video Received 2 Million Views
As a way to showcase the technology, we decided to make a video that helped people understand the way LoadOut hardware streamlined material handling. At that time we had never made a professional video – or for that matter posted such a video to YouTube. Neil, Woody, & Ashlie had dinner one night and decided that we’d go buy a camera at the local electronics shop. We recorded the commercial in under an hour, edited it, and uploaded it to YouTube. At one point, before a Super Bowl commercial came out relative to farming – our video had the most YouTube views of any previous agricultural commercial that was posted to YouTube.
Rooted in the Heartland
As interest in the LoadOut technology grew – it became evident that we’d need to make an investment in building a production and distribution facility that would allow us to produce hardware in a very efficient manner. In addition to LoadOut hardware modules, we had many other projects that we’d been working on that would require office space, warehouse space, shipping, receiving, and the various other functions required to run a business.
Instead of moving away to a big city, we decided to turn what was an old abandoned warehouse in our small town of Delphi, Indiana into the production and distribution facility for LoadOut Material Handling.
We Have Great People
LoadOut Material Handling is a division created by LoadOut Technologies – the same people behind the Yellowbox App and numerous other tech brands that span industries such as agriculture, health, news, and education. Headquartered in Indiana. We have people who help us that are scattered across the world in places such as Palo Alto, Chicago, London, and many more helping us build technology that empowers people. Even though our technology now touches agriculture, stone, concrete, plastics, and a variety of other industry segments—the mission is geared towards putting people first and being good role models in all that we do.
Technology That Is Covered By Worldwide Patents
The engaging functionality that allows LoadOut & Yellowbox to deliver such powerful improvements in efficiency and ROI are protected by many issued US and foreign patents. Our focus since day one has been to invent a revolutionary technology platform that makes people’s lives better and we are honored that our vision has been awarded so many wonderful patents.